Last week Cyberattack was reported in Aviation Sector of Saudi Arabia. More details are available here
8th Dec VMUG in Dubai is scheduled and sponsored by Redington. Details are available here. Please do register as seats are limited, Redington has impressive Datacenter, you might get an opportunity visit it.
VMware Go Ahead is a scheduled event on 14th Dec (Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Conference: 14: – 19:00 @ MEYANA Auditorium) that offers a unique setting for IT professionals to engage with experts and to get the industry insights of most relevant topics covered during VMworld– including Unified Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Management and Services, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Business Mobility and Network Virtualization – as part of a preeminent cloud infrastructure technology event.Register for the event here.
Dec 13th Availability of SAP with Veeam: Best Practices, Tips and Strategy: Register here
VeeamON 2017 registration is now live with super early bird pricing – so if you already know you’re going, it makes sense to register before the end of this month.
McAfee released 2017 Security Report. The Report specifically highlights Ransomware will decrease. Nevertheless, new threats are predicted. I’m extremely scared of Ransomware. Few ways to avoid it are
- Don’t give your kids Admin access to the laptop/desktop they are using
- Buy Antivirus. Do not depend on free AV. Ensure AV has malware protection in place
- Do not use browser plugins which are developed by the 3rd party unless you are 100% sure. 99% attacks are occurring via browser plugin and attack surface increases if you have admin rights
- Block P2P and other applications which are required
- Keep your OS up to date. I know it sounds Banal it is one of the security layers you cannot afford to miss.
Experience the Best of vFORUM 2016 (Across India) delivered to you on demand here. This is the first time it has been offered online. I will be watching it as half of the team I miss even today would be presenting it. If you are keen on ASEAN, the link is here