You can use the direct console interface to view the system logs on an ESXi host. These logs provide information about system operational events.
1. From the direct console, select View System Logs.
2. Press a corresponding number key to view a log.
vCenter Server agent (vpxa) logs appear if the host is managed by vCenter Server.
1. Press Enter or the spacebar to scroll through the messages.
2. (Optional) Perform a regular expression search.
a. Press the slash key (/).
b. Type the text to find.(it is case sensitive)
c. Press Enter
The found text is highlighted on the screen.
5. Press q to return to the direct console.